Inside Counsel Editorial In Review - Jan 2008 (see
"James Bond's drink of choice is a vodka martini. His car of choice
- is an Aston Martin. His watch of choice is an Omega. His gun of choice
- is a Walther PPK. And his poker chip of choice is a Paulson [The
- Le Paulson Noir]."
- Editorial In Review
- Inside Counsel
About the Le Paulson Noir Line
The Le Paulson Noir clay poker chip line is the culmination of two very talented
- artists and two very reputable companies coming together to create one outstanding
- poker chip line. Joining Sidepot Gaming Company on this project were Kevin Finnegan
- (mold designer), John Faulhaber (inlay designer), and Paulson.
Poker chip aficionados know the foundation of all great clay poker chips is
- a great mold design. As such, the impetus for the Le Paulson Noir line came
- from a mold design contest hosted on a leading online poker community and forum.
- Twenty-four talented designers from around the globe competed in the design
- contest, incorporated community feedback into their designs, and ultimately
- faced-off in a series of voting rounds to determine the best designs. The winning
- designer walked away with a $750 prize package of our Protégé
- chips, and we ultimately ended up going into production with the runner-up crowd
- favorite by Kevin Finnegan that fit well within the Sidepot product mix. The
- Paradise mold was born.
Sidepot Gaming commissioned Paulson, a proven brand in the casino industry,
- to produce this stylish new mold. This is the first “Boutique Paulson
- mold” as it is owned exclusively by Sidepot Gaming and will only be used
- to produce Sidepot chips. Sidepot Gaming’s controlled production and specialty
- distribution suggest these will be some of the most exclusive Paulson chips
- available. The Le Paulson Noir is the maiden line on the Paradise mold.
The Le Paulson Noir inlay design came from a separate, and perhaps even more
- competitive, design contest on a highly specialized poker chip aficionado forum.
- The design we based the Le Paulson Noir inlay on was a runner-up crowd favorite
- by John Faulhaber in the inlay design portion of the Protégé contest.
- We commissioned John to adapt his inlay to the Le Paulson Noir concept and work
- out the details on chip colors and inlay design elements with feedback from
- the same online community responsible for the Paradise mold design. The end
- result is what you see here.
We’re proud to introduce the Le Paulson Noir clay poker chip line, the
- extraordinary result of a dream team of contributors: a brilliant mold designer,
- a distinguished inlay designer, two impressive communities, a renowned leader
- in poker chip manufacturing, and a retailer that’s working hard to raise
- the bar on the quality and beauty of chips available to poker players worldwide.
Proprietary Paulson Mold - The
- Paradise mold was made by Paulson exclusively for Sidepot Gaming chips.
100% Authentic Casino Chips - Same clay chips, same manufacturer,
- as those used in numerous popular Las Vegas casinos
Casino-style edge spot progression - The edge spot configuration
- gets more and more complicated as the denomination of the chip gets higher,
- just like clay chips do in many of Las Vegas' most prestigous casinos (it makes
- it easier to differentiate them when in racks).
Denominations - Choose from $1 thru $1000 denominations
Cash Game Friendly - Understated currency markings make the
- set friendly for non-US players and/or cash games.
Black Inlays - Unique and sophisticated black inlays with
- color matched design elements.